Tim Moynihan was born and raised in Connecticut. During his teenage years he was an angry rebel who sought discipline and direction for his life by enlisting in the Army (leaving for boot camp three days after his high school graduation). He received an Army scholarship to Providence College where he was a 1987 Distinguished Military Graduate. For the next nineteen years he served in a variety of assignments as an airborne ranger qualified intelligence officer, an Army civilian intelligence, foreign affairs and operations specialist, and a defense contractor. Despite his college education, a military commission and completing Army Ranger School, he could not overcome the sin that controlled his life. In 1991 he reluctantly visited a Bible study at an evangelical church where he encountered a spiritual power and truth that he could not deny. He gave his life to Jesus Christ and eventually left government service to go into full-time ministry. Ordained in 1997, Tim and his wife pioneered a church in Honolulu, HI, and he has preached crusades and revivals all over the world. He took up writing to improve his communication skills and present gospel truth via his stories. His e-novelette, No Greater Love: An Afghan Memoir, describes the post-military career of Colonel Mike “Pancho” Sanchez as he deals with the painful memories of men lost in the war. He has also written a novel, Prodigal Avenger: A Story of the Secret War in Afghanistan, which was an ACFW Genesis Finalist in the suspense-thriller category. Tim pastors a church in Southern California, is married to Sue (also a veteran) and they have two adult sons.
Jake Drecker, a US special operator in Afghanistan, must take his team on a covert mission into Pakistan to eliminate a brutal terrorist cell that may or may not be holding an American missionary hostage. Unknown to his teammates, there is more to the hostage's true identity than meets the eye -- secrets Drecker has kept to himself for decades. Drecker drags his team along on a quixotic rescue operation into the very belly of the beast -- a mission he well knows he and his teammates cannot possibly survive unscathed.
Prodigal Avenger: A Story of the Secret War in Afghanistan is due out soon. Stay tuned for more details!.
Visit me on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/Tim.Moynihan.author/
The Moynihan Online Archive:
- "Army Ranger prayed to an unknown God when facing death" - An interview on GodReports - blog.godreports.com/2017/09/army-ranger-prayed-to-an-unknown-god-when-facing-death/
- "PTSD and the Christian Life" - http://www.angeladmeyer.com/2016/09/ptsd-christian-life.html
- The Interview - http://christianfictionreviewguru.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/interview-with-timothy-moynihan-author.html
- "Night Vision" (Mysterical-E, Spring 2011) - http://mystericale.com/pre-2015/index.php?issue=111&body=file&file=night.htm
- "Easter and aloha share spiritual tie"-
- "Seeing sin is part of salvation"- http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Jul/29/il/FP607290326.html
- "Healing through repentance" - http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2003/Sep/13/il/il19afaith.html
- The Potter's House Website - http://www.pottershouseoceanside.com/index.html
"...because you are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and you have overcome the wicked one."